In 1812, James Madison turned to war
- to help him win re-election.
- due to his hatred of Great Britain.
- to fulfill alliance obligations with France.
- to fulfill alliance obligations with Spain.
- to restore confidence in the republican experiment.
The battle of Tippecanoe resulted in
- defeat of the British by the hands of the Indian confederacy.
- a Shawnee loss and a Creek victory.
- a declaration of war by the United States on Great Britain.
- the expulsion of the British from Florida.
- the death of the dream of an Indian confederacy.
Tecumseh argued that Indians should
- never give control of their land to the whites.
- move west of the Mississippi River.
- not cede control of land to whites unless all Indians agreed.
- exchange traditional buckskin clothing for cloth garments.
- fight as individual tribes and not as a confederacy.